Want to eat healthier and grow your own food? One of the easiest, cheapest and quickest ways is by sprouting sprouts. You won’t believe how easy it is. No fancy equipment or green fingers needed!
SPROUTED CHICK-PEAS, GREEN LENTILS & MUNG BEANS
– soak 2 tbsp of dry chick-peas and 1 tbsp each of lentils & mung beans in cold water overnight
– the following morning give them a good rinse in fresh water
– drain off as much excess water as possible
– place in a jar (I use an old coconut oil jar) and cover with double-folded cheesecloth, secured in place with an elastic band
– place tilted, upside-down in a small bowl (to catch any remaining water)
– rinse twice daily and return to the tilted position
– after 2 days, the legumes should have sprouts about 3-5mm in length
– keep in the fridge and use in stir-fries, salads or dips.