I love the way that a few simple spices can jazz up your everyday veggies to make this detox salad. And with both broccoli and cauliflower being a powerhouse of nutrients to help cleanse and nourish your body this recipe will be a hit with all the family. This salad is great warm when freshly made and is still tasty when cold in a pre-prepped or light leftover lunch. The chickpeas and cashews provide you with protein whilst the broccoli, cauli and spinach give you lots of detox nutrients and you can always add some shredded pre-cooked chicken or pulled pork if you need meat. Feel free to swop in your favourite veggies and herbs to make a detox salad more suited to your taste-buds. As an alternative, ditch the chickpeas for any other legumes that you have on hand or prefer.
- 2 tbsp. of coconut oil
- 1 small cauliflower broken into florets
- 1 small broccoli broken into florets
- 100 g English spinach
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- Large pinch of black pepper
- 135 ml of coconut milk
- ½ tsp of salt
- 200 g cooked chickpeas
- 1 tsp of tamari wheat-free soy sauce
- 1 large handful of coriander leaves
- handful of raw cashews
- heat the coconut oil in a wok and stir-fry the cauliflower and broccoli for 2 minutes
- add the spices and stir-fry for a minute
- add the coconut milk, salt, chickpeas and tamari and bring to the boil whilst occasionally stirring.
- lower the heat and simmer for 3 minutes until the veggies are almost tender
- meanwhile, heat a separate small frying pan until hot and add the cashews until they are lightly toasted; remove and place to one side
- add the spinach to the wok and simmer for a further minute or so until the spinach is wilted
- remove from the heat and stir in the cashews and coriander
- Serve immediately or allow to cool and dish up as leftovers for lunch the next day.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Want to try some new salads? Click here to find some inspiration!