Looking for delicious, gluten-free brownies? Your search is over! So easy – bake and find a nice place to sit and enjoy, guilt-free!
When I need a treat, these gluten-free brownies really do hit the spot. Feel free to cut-back on the sugar or replace with coconut sugar. The emphasis is on the word “treat”! Whilst your kids may love them, they don’t belong in the lunchbox on a daily basis.
Something to remember about gluten-free products is that just becasue they don’t contain gluten doesn’t automatically mean they are a healthy choice. Many commercial products may contain high sugar, trans-fats and artificial additives never mind the amount of processing to make them taste every bit as good as their gluten counterparts.
Admittedly the gluten-free flour in this recipe will have been subject to a fair bit of processing so if you have a nut or seed based flour, so much the better. But don’t forget a treat is: “an event or item that is out of the ordinary and gives great pleasure”.
• ½ cup brown rice flour
• ½ cup self-raising G/F flour
• ¼ tsp baking powder
• ¾ cup raw sugar
• ¼ cup raw cacao
• 150g melted butter
• 2 eggs
• 8 squares Green & Black’s organic chocolate
• Sieve the flours and baking powder
• Add the sugar and cacao
• Lightly beat eggs & add to the butter
• Make a well in the dry ingredients and stir in the wet ingredients
• Crumble the chocolate and stir into the mixture
• Pour into a greased 20cm square baking tray lined with baking paper and bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes at 180c
Allow to cool for 5 minutes then empty on to a cooling-rack to fully cool…or eat warm for an extra bit of indulgence!