Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- 1 mashed ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp coconut nectar syrup could you honey or rice syrup perhaps
- Make sure that the avocado is mashed well so that it has a creamy texture.
- Add the remaining ingredients and thoroughly combine.
- I used a thermomix but I’m sure you can easily do this without – just need to make sure that the avocado is suitably creamy.
- Scoop into a small serving dish and pop in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Enjoy on its own or top with chopped nuts or shredded coconut.
And in case you’re worrying about all the fats in this chocolate avocado mousse, rest assured that they are of the much-needed healthy variety. With 50% of our brain being made from fat, it is critical for brain function as well as being the building block for many hormones. You can read more here.