Spicy Beetroot Slaw
Oh my goodness! This has got to be my favourite beetroot slaw salad recipe of all time! And I’ve tried a few. With a slight twist or two to your standard coleslaw, this beetroot slaw will leave you wanting more!If you can find fancy or heirloom beetroots such as the pink one I used in this recipe with pink and white stripes on the inside, it’ll add more drama, colour and taste to your slaw.
- 150 g white cabbage
- 250 g beetroot
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 hot chilli
- 2 spring onions trimmed
- 100 g natural yoghurt
- Small handful of coriander leaves
- Small handful of mint leaves
- Finely shred the cabbage and beetroot and combine with the chopped herbs
- Finely chop the garlic, chilli and shallots – I use a thermomix to do this
- Heat the oil and gently saute the garlic mixture for a minute or 2 and then place in a bowl and allow to cool
- Stir the garlic mixture into the yoghurt
- Finally, combine the mixture with the veggies. You may need to add extra yoghurt depending how creamy you want it.
- I love the fact that you can easily swap the white cabbage for red cabbage and the beetroot for different coloured beets to make a beetroot slaw more to your liking. Mix in different herbs and adjust the chilli depending on how much heat you like.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
If you love beetroot you might also like these beetroot brownies.