Avocado and Papaya Salad
I’m loving the summer for its abundance of veggies and fruits that combine so well in a salad, such as this avocado and papaya salad. A salad that’s only really limited by your imagination! I love throwing ingredients together and experimenting with the different tastes and textures – it’s also a great way to increase the diversity of your nutrient intake. And if nothing else, it gives you a break from the typical salad staples of iceberg or cos lettuce, with cucumber and tomatoes – not that there’s anything wrong with those at all!
- large handful of cos lettuce leaves
- small handful of mint and parsley
- 12 yellow baby tomatoes
- one ripe avocado
- half a large red capsicum pepper
- 1/2 – 1 cup of papaya
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- shred the cos lettuce leaves into 1cm strips, then cut those strips in halves/thirds
- roughly chop the herbs, discarding the stems if you prefer
- half the tomotoes
- slice the avocado
- chop the red pepper into chunks
- chop the papaya into cubes
- combine all the above
- then combine the mustard and olive oil to make a dressing
- pour the dressing just before serving over the salad
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Click here for more salad ideas.